No wonder Sony did not bother...

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
SQLGuy Veteran Member • Posts: 8,561
Re: No wonder Sony did not bother...

MILC man wrote:

tqlla wrote:

PWPhotography wrote:

Nope there is a compromised as you already admitted, more or less. Longer FL, more compromises as nobody shoot Canon long EF lenses on R bodies in sport and wildlife except for testing purposes.

That's a limitation of the camera, not the fact that they are adapted lenses.

LOL. As I said let wait and see when R5 released that adapted lenses can shoot full 20fps with full AF/AE? I know you have a wishful thinking. Hope you will get a R5 and test then but I will not count on it

The fact that Canon supports all of their current EF lenses via adapter with full AF and AFC is a big win for Canon vs Sony, in the transitional user support department.

canon made ef-m incompatible with eos-r, that's not a win, it's a fail.

Meh. It's par for the course with Canon. They didn't want migration from EF-M and they didn't want people using EF-S lenses on EF bodies.

Nikon doesn't have any screw-mount adapter for people migrating to z-mount.

As stated many times before, Nikon stopped using screw drive a long time ago (they never had a screw mount). Sony still has screw drive lenses in their lineup. Nikon also doesn't support the use of screw drive lenses on their lower end F mount bodies. Sony still supports screw drive in the latest A68... not because they really want to, but because they never got around to replacing all the screw drive lenses in the catalog.

-- hide signature --

A7R2 with SEL2470Z and a number of adapted lenses (Canon FD, Minolta AF, Canon EF, Leica, Nikon...); A7R converted to IR.

SQLGuy's gear list:SQLGuy's gear list
Canon PowerShot G9 Canon PowerShot S100 (2000) Canon EOS-1D Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Kodak DCS460 +21 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Lan
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow