***Mini Challenge #576: Fool the eye*** RESULTS

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Birddogman
Birddogman Veteran Member • Posts: 5,750
***Mini Challenge #576: Fool the eye*** RESULTS

Thanks to everyone who participating in this challenge that may have been a bit too challenging. I learned a lot from it - hope you did too. There were some entries that were phenomenal images, but didn't "fool the eye", so didn't score in this narrowly focused (pun intended) challenge.

Judging was subjective and likely incompetent, but the best I could do among the great exhibits and entries.

Without further ado, here from among the Exhibits are the Honorable Mentions:

Dtop's shot of a Venice canal in very difficult lighting, made me want to be there:

Val was really hot this week with his exhibits! Val's X-wing fighters look just as I think they would appear if they were real.. Truly fooled my eye:

In a similar vein is Val's F-14 (which is actually a model!)

Finally, Val's Ghosts of Prague (if ever there was a place with ghosts, Prague would it it) was great:

Bill Bourne's shot of what I assume are part of the badlands in North Dakota, a place that I find very hard to photograph well so that the viewer can "feel" what I feel when standing there looking at it, comes very close to accomplishing just that:

DeGijon's pen and ink composite is exquisite and thanks for the clear and detailed tutorial on how to do this:

Reto's composite flower was equally good:

As was Jerry045's rose (and I'm usually not into flower images):

Mike Geier's image made me want to be there, kicking back and having a sip:

Third Place: Bikesmith's booking photo is a bit too real. Not sure I'd want to me this dangerous fellow on a dark night.

Second Place: Papa48's pine tree in the snow is cool just as an image and also as an exhibition of what can be done with modern phone cameras.

First Place: Ed Form's iron fence, really captured my eye and, even though it is perhaps implausible, the image didn't look fake to me - it fooled my eye completely. Great job, Ed!

The First Place winner becomes the host of the next challenge and has 3 days to begin it. The winner can respond to the challenge setter with a forum post or PM. If that individual doesn't respond in 3 days, or has to decline to serve, the Second Place winner becomes the next host. If that individual declines to serve, the Third Place winner becomes the next host.

Best to all!

Greg

-- hide signature --
 Birddogman's gear list:Birddogman's gear list
Sony RX1R II Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +3 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow