Ef 70-200mm f2.8 l is ii not sharp

Started 2 months ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
RafalEdinburgh New Member • Posts: 6
Ef 70-200mm f2.8 l is ii not sharp

Hi All,

New to the forum. I've been shooting film for many years and slowly moving to digital. Purchased the 6D, awesome camera, getting some amazing shots on the 50mm and 70-200mm f4 is. Two weeks ago I sold the zoom and bought a used 70-200mm f2.8 is ii. I've read so many good reviews and I thought it would be amazing. Unfortunately, it turns out to be totally unusable even compared to my previous f4. I tried Micro Adjusting with absolutely no improvement. So the question is, is the lens faulty or is there something else I can check. Here are my test shots:

https://we.tl/t-hLewysMZbV?src=dnl

Some info - avocado shots are in live view, no filter on the lens, using a tripod with a timer delay (no camera shake). The battery photo is on a tripod via viewfinder with central af point selected. The landscape photo is hand held, central af point.

As I mentioned, I didn't have these issues with the f4 nor with my other two lenses. I tried Micro adjustment (every single step from -20 to +20 on both wide and tele).

Not sure what to do, it was an expensive lens, but from a private buyer of Gumtree, not sure if I'll be able to return it.

RafalEdinburgh's gear list:RafalEdinburgh's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 50mm F1.8 STM Tamron 17-35mm F2.8-4 Tamron SP 35mm F1.4 Di USD +2 more
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Canon EOS 6D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow