1 button to optimize for slow vs fast subjects ? D850 can't do it ?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Alfred S Regular Member • Posts: 125
1 button to optimize for slow vs fast subjects ? D850 can't do it ?

I often shoot birds sitting on a perch that suddenly take off.   When perched I'd like to use a slower shutter (like 1/250 or so) so that I'll be able to use a lower (i.e. better) ISO value.  When flying, I'd like to use a much faster shutter (like 1/3200 or so) to freeze the wings, and will live with a higher ISO.    I usually shoot all manual (manual A, T, and ISO).

Here's my question that I hope some D850 experts may be able to help with.   Is there a way to custom configure the D850 so that one SINGLE button press will get me from settings optimized for perched vs flying birds (or vica versa).    Eg. If I'm currently shooting a perched bird at 1/250, F5.6, ISO 100, I'd want the single button press to quickly change the camera to say, 1/4000, F5.6, ISO 1600 (same exposure).  I'm looking for a _single_ button press, because birds take off suddenly - there is no time to think or fiddle with anything.  Ideally it would also switch from single point CAF to group mode CAF.

Any thoughts ?  If not a single button press, maybe a single button and 1 dial ?   (Both Canon and Sony are able to do this with a single button press - but I haven't been able to figure out how to get it done with the D850 - at least yet).

Nikon D850
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow