RAW developer. Imaging edge vs Lightroom vs topaz etc

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
SafariBob
SafariBob Senior Member • Posts: 1,012
RAW developer. Imaging edge vs Lightroom vs topaz etc

Hi,

picking up a Sony a7r4, and have been using Lightroom 6 until now. Given compatability, I will need to either upgrade or switch.

- I like the panorama feature of Lightroom and have 10+ years of catalog, but tried the new Lightroom cc and wasn’t terribly impressed. 
- previously tried the capture one, and didn’t quite understand what the brouhaha was about

- I would consider the OS X photos app, but I think it’s too limiting and I may switch to pc

- is imaging edge at all viable? For canon a lot of pros use it

- have been very impressed by the topaz de noise ai results that people have been creating on wildlife. I am also switching to a more automatic and quick settings approach from a bottoms up process. Is this a complete process or does it involve multiple software packages? Comments?

- is there open source software that’s at least at lightrooms level?

SafariBob's gear list:SafariBob's gear list
Sony a7R II Sony 70-400mm F4-5.6 G SSM Sony FE 35mm F2.8 Sony Vario-Tessar T* FE 16-35mm F4 ZA OSS
Sony a7 Sony a7R
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow