No wonder Sony did not bother...

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
PWPhotography Veteran Member • Posts: 9,648
Re: No wonder Sony did not bother...

tqlla wrote:

PWPhotography wrote:

Nope there is a compromised as you already admitted, more or less. Longer FL, more compromises as nobody shoot Canon long EF lenses on R bodies in sport and wildlife except for testing purposes.

That's a limitation of the camera, not the fact that they are adapted lenses.

LOL. As I said let wait and see when R5 released that adapted lenses can shoot full 20fps with full AF/AE? I know you have a wishful thinking. Hope you will get a R5 and test then but I will not count on it

The fact that Canon supports all of their current EF lenses via adapter with full AF and AFC is a big win for Canon vs Sony, in the transitional user support department.

But it has compromise, more or less. Let's wait to see AF-C tracking with EF long lenses especially super-tele lenses adapted on R5. I don't believe that hype. Sooner or later Canon and Nikon also have to design and release native RF and Z long lenses to fully leverage potential of their future ML 1Dx III and D6 cameras.

Sony has constantly thrown hurdles in the way of migrating users. 3FPS, no AFC in video, 10 year old AF for the LA-EA4. In fact they only allowed for the additional AF-zones with the LA-EA3+A7iii, because they were "Forced to" by Canon.

Probably the original design limits that. I don't have any Sony A-mount history. I moved from Canon FF DSLR.

Also its shady that Sony only allows for adapted 10FPS with the A9. Whereas Sigma and Metabones can 10FPS and video AFC for many lenses on the A7iii.

I highly doubt intentionally but just limited by technology. Anyway I have replaced entire EF lenses to FE counterparts (only missing is future FE 500/4.0 GM). I strongly believe native mount lenses. The same as Canon and Nikon are also rushing out native RF and Z lenses.

PWPhotography's gear list:PWPhotography's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark III Sony a9 Sony a7R III Sony a7R IV Canon EF 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye +18 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Lan
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow