Trying to decide on a CFexpress Card Reader

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Eddy Philippe
Eddy Philippe Forum Member • Posts: 66
Trying to decide on a CFexpress Card Reader

I'm looking to get a cfexpress card reader to go with my new Sony 128GB "Tough". Since cfexpress cards' main advantage seems to be faster transfer to PC, I'm trying to find out which of the available card readers maximizes that advantage (comes in handy after a 50GB event shoot!)

It looks like there are several Cfexpress card readers available right now, from Sony, Prograde, Atech, Sandisk, Wise, Angelbird, and Lexar (coming in March), etc..:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ntt=cfexpress%20card%20reader&N=0&InitialSearch=yes&sts=ps

I'm avoiding the Sandisk for now due to dismal reviews, as well as my recent bad experience with their CFE 128GB card on my Z7.

Both the Sony and the Atech are dual Cfexpress/XQD readers, and as such are more expensive than the rest of them. I only need Cfexpress compatibility (I'm selling/given away my XQD cards) . Does anyone have any info on performance of any of these readers over USB 3.1, transferring to a Win10 or Mac PC? Thanks!

Nikon Z7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow