GF lens set for landscapes & panoramas?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Snap Happy Senior Member • Posts: 1,075
GF lens set for landscapes & panoramas?

I am pondering a lens set for GFX50R, my main use case is for panoramics and general landscapes. I have the body and an excellent used 45mm.

My thinking is at the wide angle end:

In terms of horizontal AoV, 23mm = ~90mm on 617 camera and 45mm = ~180mm on 617.

Since when I look at 617 landscape images I like, they are mostly taken with the 90 or 180, this would be a good starting point.

But, for general landscapes (i.e. not panoramics) I find that I often prefer to use 24mm equivalent rather than 18 or 20 equivalent, so may be the 23mm is too wide and I should wait for the 30mm?

At the long end, the 100-200 seems the obvious choice. My preference is generally for primes, but at the long end it's often difficult to 'zoom with ones' feet'.

Thoughts on 23, 45, 100-200?

PS I already discounted the 32-64 - I just prefer primes at the wide end, and I think this would be shot at 32mm most of the time anyway.

-- hide signature --

The camera is not your tool. The light is.
Tim
timtuckerphotography.com

Snap Happy's gear list:Snap Happy's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm GFX 50R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Samyang 12mm F2.0 NCS CS Fujifilm XF 50-140mm F2.8 +15 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow