G9 200mm+1.4x Combo Neighborhood Birds (Warning: lot of pics!) Locked

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
This thread is locked.
Ahpeng Regular Member • Posts: 172
G9 200mm+1.4x Combo Neighborhood Birds (Warning: lot of pics!)

Some of you may have known that I have been shooting "neighborhood ducks" with the G9 200mm+1.4x combo. I got the Lumix 200mm recently for a really cheap price but that was another story. It comes with 1.4x converter which I have been using with the 200mm lens.

Today I was very tempted to drive to Middle Creek Wildlife Refuge in Pennsylvania. If you have not heard, every Feb/March there are thousands snow geese among other birds stopping by this area on their way from the south back to Canada. Anyway it was a very cloudy day and a long two hour drive, so I decided to wait until the next weekend.

Without thousands of snow geese to shoot, I went back to the local park. Instead of "neighborhood ducks", I was focusing more on small birds. It was a lot of fun. I am happy with most of the pictures I got. As said, the G9 combo performs very well with still birds. Even with the 1.4x converter, I was satisfied with the resolution of the shots. Maybe I'll get the 2x converter after all...

Now here are some pictures. As always all critiques are welcome!

Also I don't know may of these birds. Feel free to name them if you want.

This is an old world sparrow, right?

Then what is this?

And this?

And there is this...

Fancy bird

Singing bird

Two fancy birds

A large herd of small black/blue birds suddenly appeared and flew away. G9 caught them pretty nicely

I got a few more small birds in flight (SBIF :-))

And a large bird in flight

All in all another good day shooting neighborhood birds. Definitely will go to see the snow geese next week - finger crossed they will stay there for another week.

Ahpeng's gear list:Ahpeng's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm F4-5.6 R Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 12-32mm F3.5-5.6 Mega OIS +4 more
Panasonic Lumix DC-G9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow