Why I love M4/3s (travel). :D

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Martin.au
Martin.au Forum Pro • Posts: 13,841
Why I love M4/3s (travel). :D

I've commented before that one of the strengths of M4/3s is the ability to scale the system up or down to suit the need of the job.

I'm just planning for a short trip, and we'll be taking carry-on luggage only, with a maximum weight of 7kg. In addition I need to take my laptop/ipad, so I'm very short on spare weight.

I'm expecting that I'll want to do a bit of city and landscape photography, and want a ultrawide, as well as a tele. However, as wildlife isn't going to be the focus, I'm only going to take a short tele. I'm taking my E-M1 II, 9-18 and 45-175. A nice compact kit, going from ultra-wide to pretty long. With a spare battery, it comes at just about 1 kg.

Martin.au's gear list:Martin.au's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G Fisheye 8mm F3.5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ +7 more
Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow