No wonder Sony did not bother...

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
sportyaccordy Forum Pro • Posts: 16,193
Re: No wonder Sony did not bother...

SQLGuy wrote:

sportyaccordy wrote:

They are definitely working on L too. L is the "priority", but I see that being about as viable as the last Sigma mount. They are going to push those lens designs to every mount they can sell to.

Really? Between Leica and Panasonic you don't see L doing any better than SA? Seems like Panasonic is already doing pretty well with their S1 lineup.

When I think of Sony, Nikon and Canon FF MILC customers, I can paint a very clear picture of each. Outside of video pros getting the S1H, who is the L-consortium customer? I don't think any of the cameras are great at AF-C, which rule them all out for sports/wildlife and even just general family stuff. There are several MILCs and DSLRs that are cheaper (and in many cases lighter) for landscapes. The Leica stuff has all of the cost but none of the M-mount cool. And even for video, you're kind of limited to manual focus for the Panasonic bodies due to DFD. So who is the L-mount customer? Seems like its appeal is limited to contrarians.

-- hide signature --

Sometimes I take pictures with my gear- https://www.flickr.com/photos/41601371@N00/

sportyaccordy's gear list:sportyaccordy's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EOS R Canon EF 24-105mm F4L IS II USM Canon 70-200 F2.8L III Canon RF 35mm F1.8 IS STM Macro +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Lan
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow