MFT-lens for sports and mountains views?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Hakana New Member • Posts: 8
MFT-lens for sports and mountains views?

I’m looking for a MFT-lens for photos of my kids riding mountainbikes and going skiing with nice views of mountains/landscapes/nature in the background.

I own the Olympus Pl-9 with 14-42mm kit lens, 45mm f/1,8 and 40-150mm f/4-5.6 R.

I’m new to more ”advanced” hobby photography, coming from spontaneous use of smartphone-camera and compact camera. But me and my wife want better pictures of the kids before they´re too old. The compact camera is broken and our phones are not enough in the long run.

The 45mm lens really performed well on our last skiin-trip (first trip with MFT). I’m very pleased with the photos of my kids in action going skiing - but I found the 45mm lens a bit ”narrow”. I would like something wider like 14mm. The 14-42mm kit lens performed well - but the quality of 45mm pictures made me want more at wider angles

The 45mm is also a bit difficult to use indoors when I want the whole family within the pictures. Our rooms are not big enough to get the distance. But I still like these pictures more with the 45mm lens than with the kit lens. Or is it just imagination? Might be.

Or am I missing something here as a beginner? I’m used the smartphone-camera-usage with wider angels. Maybe I already have all I need and just need to learn and practise more photography.

//Hakan

Hakana's gear list:Hakana's gear list
Olympus E-PL9 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm F4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 EZ Olympus 9mm F8 Fish-Eye Body Cap Lens
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow