Canon R5 - 8 k & 20 fps camera - there we go - or not?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
MAC Forum Pro • Posts: 14,912
Re: Canon R5 - 8 k & 20 fps camera - there we go - or not?

The Davinator wrote:

MAC wrote:

The Davinator wrote:

Well, this is the first Canon mirrorless to really gain some attention. Looks like it could be a superb camera

yep, attention though means they are worried

Hard to say...I think all camera companies are a bit worried. I like the idea behind the R5. Seems Canon wants to be a leader in mirrorless as well as DSLR. My main focus with mirrorless has been with the Nikon Z7 and Fuji apsc and MF. With the R5 though, I may sell off the Z7 and move back to Canon.

It will be a bunch of money, but could draw me in at some point

I am also curious if Sony will release version 3 of its RX1 35mm fixed lens camera. I'm not tied down to any brand...they are just tools to me...not a religion or how I create my self identity like some seem to...LOL.

Interesting times...and with the apparent huge level of interest in this Canon announcement..

8K  - if one can efficiently extract the decisive moment --- it will be what folks have been waiting for - the merge of video into stills

.times will continue to get more interesting.

MAC's gear list:MAC's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS Rebel SL1 Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EOS Rebel T7i Canon EOS RP +12 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow