Animal shooting equipment. Nikon D7500, D500, SONY A6500, SONY A6100

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
evasapa New Member • Posts: 8
Animal shooting equipment. Nikon D7500, D500, SONY A6500, SONY A6100

Hi everyone.

I owe a SONY A7II with different lenses, included TAMRON 70-300 DI VC F/4-5.6.

The camera is great but when I'm taking pics of moving animals it is not as fast as I'd like and pics are not sharp enough. It is FF and need a very long lens to reach birds.

I'm thinking about changing the body getting an APS-C and after reading and watching comparisons I have these options:

-SONY A6500, SONY A6100 ($300-400 cheaper than a6500). Both very fast AF. Pro: I already have lenses for E mount so I wouldn't have to buy all the equipment again. Both cameras are similar but A6100 do not have IBIS, it not weather sealed but it is better for low light and has more AF contrast detect points.

- NIKON D7500.

- NIKON D500. This is the best option, but it costs about $500 more than D7500. I can save this extra money and get a better lens with D7500.

NIKON lenses thought are SIGMA 150-600 C and SIGMA 17-50 2.8.

My biggest satisfaction are animals, and love close-up photography. I also shoot streets, low light and landscapes, but I think all these cameras will work pretty good in this kind of photography.

The question: which camera works better for birds and general wildlife shooting? I've been reading that Nikon D7500 and D500 are awesome for this kind of pics but also Sony has very fast AF.

I also was thinking an micro 4/3 system, OLYMPUS EM1-II, OLYMPUS EM5-II but not sure they will work better than these cameras. Olympus is not good enough with low light, reviews said.

My budget is about $1800 for both camera and long lens, could extend to $2000 if needed.

Thank you!

Nikon D500 Nikon D7500 Sony a6500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow