Will I not be able to have new Sigma 24-70 lens profile in my ACR in PS?

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ronfab1 Contributing Member • Posts: 659
Will I not be able to have new Sigma 24-70 lens profile in my ACR in PS?

In 2012 I bought from Apple a 2008 refurb 4 core Mac Pro and had it shipped directly to OWC where they turned it into a much higher performing machine with higher frequency 6 cores, SS boot drive, 48 gigs of RAM, internal RAID ... etc. Quadro K 5000 card.

It is still a fast machine for me handling FCP X and 42mb photo files just fine. And am still quite happy and without the funds to buy a new machine. But my OS is capped out at El Capitan and PS at CC 2018. And ACR at less than the 12.2 version that Adobe says on line is needed to download the Sigma DG DN 019A profile.

Mike Evangelista kindly sent me in a PM on the FM Forums first a zipped custom file he created for the FE Sigma 24-70 before Adobe released it. And an unzipped file as well which I downloaded. But neither will open when clicking on them in my Downloads folder.

I’d really like to have it as PS is my software of choice for PP. Please, thoughts from anyone? Could I take the photo elsewhere to use it if not, just for that?

I guess it's just that ugly looking mustache distortion that I see at 24mm in the reviews. Is that mostly gone by 26-30mm? I know I can manually take care of barrel and pin cushion and vertical lines in the lens distortion filter. Am not using for architecture or RE.

Is the easy or "only" answer then ... Don't worry about it?

ronfab1's gear list:ronfab1's gear list
Sony a7S II Sony a7R III Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 28mm F2 Sony FE 35mm F1.4 +3 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow