Closeup, not necessarily macro, solutions

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
dr jim Veteran Member • Posts: 6,659
Closeup, not necessarily macro, solutions

I'm looking for suggestions. I do my birding, walking with the Sony A6600 and 70-350. With spring coming, I like to be able to shoot wildflowers and the various bugs that come along with them. Last year, I was carrying the RX10IV and it was pretty respectable for close up, but the 70-350mm, not so much. My plan is to carry my A6400 with a decent close up lens in a sling bag,, but I'm a little stumped with regards to lens selection. The Sony 90mm G is bigger than I would like to carry, the 50mm/2.8 macro AF is too slow. Maybe the Sigma 70mm macro, but I'd rather keep it a little smaller and 1:1 is not really needed. I considered getting a used Olympus E-M5 II with the Oly 60mm macro, but I like the idea of Sony AF tracking for BIF's (bees and butterflies in flight).  Thoughts?

-- hide signature --

Just my opinion and just for fun!
Jim

dr jim's gear list:dr jim's gear list
Sony RX100 III Sony RX10 IV Sony RX100 VI Sony a6400 Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS +7 more
Olympus E-M5 II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow