E-M1 III : Does anything non MF3 compare

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
TRP Senior Member • Posts: 1,037
E-M1 III : Does anything non MF3 compare

With the release of the E-M1 iii, I have been shopping around to see if Oly is still the best for for me. Yes, I am that guy that shops for car insurance every year too.

In my search, I have not found anything that would really do me any better than the new iii. It is lighter then M1-x and had most of the tech inside. So I want to know of anyone can name some other body/system  I should consider as I know many of us shoot more than one brand / format. Note, I only ever print up to 17x22 and have no need to go larger.

My struggle:

For the size, resolution, weight and cost...nothing beats the 300f4 pro? Am I wrong here? The closest I have found is the Fuji 100-400 but it has less stabilization. Albeit higher MP in the body, and the new Fuji xT4 may improve stabilization, but right now???

For Astrophotography, is there anything that beats the Oly 7-14 or Panasonic 8-18 while maintaining AF capability and weather sealing at a similar price point. I have not found anything.

Everything in the middle, like primes for portrait work we all know all brands have some stellar offerings so not as concerned there. It is the extremes that seem to bit you in any brand, but I feel like MF3 has finally rounded out it's lineup fully.

I am also really to see if by chance Panasonic wows everyone with a higher Resolution MF3 body this year....

-- hide signature --

http://www.Greinerstudio.com
---
Olympus O-MD E-M1 ii
Panasonic Leica 12-60 f/2.8-4
Olympus 60 f/2.8 macro
Olympus Pro 40-150 f/2.8
Pansonic Leica 100-400 f/4-6.3
Olympus 300mm f/4
Laowa 7.5mm f/2
Sigma 30mm f/1.4

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow