X100V vs XF23mF2

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Cossio Forum Member • Posts: 82
X100V vs XF23mF2

So...think I have a bad case of GAS.

need some friendly advice.

currently got an X100F which I carry everywhere 24/7 in my back pack. Shooting at F2 and having that haze / softer look drives me insane. once in a while I like to get close to subject and shoot wide open.

also have an XT2 with several primes except the 23mF2

X100V is out - appears to fix the HAZE issue on its previous models due to additional aspherical lens. Sample images look amazing and I’m not going to lie that little camera is sexy as hell. Considerable upgrade from the X100F. ...but do I need it?

XT4 is around the corner curious to see what improvements it will have.

should I just pick up a 23mF2 ? Is it sharp wide open?
Im seriously contemplating picking up an X100V flipping my X100F and then maybe flipping my XT2 to get XT4....decisions decisions decisions.... anyone in the same boat? Anyone want to share a thought or 2 about making the obvious financial decision by just picking up an 23mF2 lens for the XT2?

thanks

Cossio's gear list:Cossio's gear list
Fujifilm X100V Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 35mm F2 R WR Fujifilm 50mm F2 R WR +2 more
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X10 Fujifilm X100F Leica X1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow