X100V or Xpro3 for Strret Photography

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
X100DL Junior Member • Posts: 40
Re: X100V or Xpro3 for Strret Photography

Andrewcn wrote:

Which of these two camera is the most suitable for street photography assuming you only user the 23mm or 35mm focal length lenses? With the x100v one would need to buy the tel conversions lens of course.

Now that the x100v has weather sealing and they both have a flip screen, I think they would both do an equiavalent job.

Thoughts?

The determinate factor is really about your method or your way of photography... given that both the X-Pro3 and the 100V are so close in so far as spec.

Whether you advocate for various lenses to "get the shot" or have adapted to a fixed lens and focal length to create images... it is all a matter of experience.

I have had various of the Fujifilm X bodies with various lenses... I've also owned the original X100 through to the 100F, and am now awaiting arrival of the 100V.

This is obviously only an opinion - I prefer the X100V as it has more than most cameras available... image quality and features are more than substantial for producing excellent images... weatherproofing IS a factor if you are out shooting street...

What is important is really one thing - can you learn to "zoom with your feet"... it changes your whole approach to photography. Rather than swapping lenses out for a particular need I can tell you that having an X100__ series camera changes the way you approach all photographs... you are forced to move in or away to get the shot you want... it makes a fundamental change to the way you engage both taking pictures as well as in how you approach your subject (especially those that are people).

With the specs and capability of the newest addition, the 100V is a camera you will also be able to have with you at all times... it's small enough to easily carry - that will ensure you can create photographs when-ever it suits you.

X100DL's gear list:X100DL's gear list
Fujifilm X30 Fujifilm X100F Fujifilm X100V Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm XF 23mm F2 R WR +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow