Canon R5 - 8 k & 20 fps camera - there we go - or not?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
lattesweden
lattesweden Veteran Member • Posts: 3,194
Re: Canon R5 - 8 k & 20 fps camera - there we go - or not?

MILC man wrote:

it's ymmv with all lenses on the metabones, especially with the older canon glass, and metabones updates are few and far between these days... it was nearly a year before they released the last update, for example, and there have also been many complaints about the physical fitment of the metabones adapters, including metal shavings from the mount floating around, where they can fall into the camera body.

I have only used the dumb tube adapter from Metabones for adapting Minolta SR-mount (MC/MD lenses) to Sony E-mount.

It is rather expensive but leaves metal flakes after a few on/off twists with the lens. Metabones sent me new springs but that didn't help. They then sold me a new mount for 25 USD, that didn't help either. They never offered a return of the adapter (I bought it directly from them).

I think I have figured out the problem and it is the springs. They are too short, too hard and in the wrong material (regular steel, not spring steel). If one looses them up, the metal flaking stops but the lens then sits bad and woobles.

Minolta original springs are long and flexy so that they lay on a larger surface and then don't need that hard point pressure that carves out flakes.

-- hide signature --

Best regards
/Anders
----------------------------------------------------
42 Megapixels is the answer to life, the universe and everything.
Gone in 20 fps.
You don't have to like my pictures, but it would help: http://www.lattermann.com/gallery

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow