ORF and JPG files has different capture date

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Aholt Forum Member • Posts: 97
ORF and JPG files has different capture date

Hi all,

I went of to shoot some images with OMD EM1 mark ii while waiting for youngest daugthers dansing lesson yesterday. And when downloading pictures to PC, importing into Lightroom, I noticed that all JPGs had the correct date, eg. 16.02.2020, while all the ORFs had the date 01.01.2016.

I also noticed that when Lightroom then sorts on date, it sorts by the date from the ORF file (I presume), and since I have choosen to display the JPGs as separate image beside the ORF, the JPG is also sorted by the date 01.01.2016, or actually, in a "vurtual place" with the date 31.12.2015. Also strange.

I first noticed this, beacuse while downloading the files from the SD card, I checked the number of shoots total (punching in the combinations of different buttons), the started when turning on, holding in MENU button, the camera asked for the date to be input in a kind of orange sign. I thought it a bit strange, but punched in todays date. But the camera must have had the correct date also, since the JPGs date was correct - very strange. To make things complex, I got the camera from Olympus repair, where they had changed the battery lock and backpart of the camera, og a warranty repair. Maybe something happened then also (but I do not think so).

Have tested again, and now both JPG and ORF has the same date... I did update firmware to 3,2 a fwe days ago, and maybe this is a bug?

Anybody else had this problem?

Anders

Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow