Time with a Kingfisher.

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
stuburu1 Senior Member • Posts: 1,006
Time with a Kingfisher.

Over the years I have come to realise that your own patch can have it`s own areas that   give good sightings of various birds without having to travel to the well known `honey pot` sites.One such spot I found a few years ago and is a territory that continues to hold a Kingfisher family and I never need too much of a nudge to see how they are going on.

One thing about wildlife photography that some people still don`t get is how many hours it takes to get certain pictures and the Kingfisher is no different.It will usually come to this spot to feed,the birds know it as a good feeding spot and now so do I and a three hour wait is not unusual but when one does arrive the feeling of excitement is always the same.And so it was when this juvenile female arrived,but had I been spotted?

No,much more interested in lunch.

First strike is successful as the sun comes from behind the clouds which is a pity as I think cloudy conditions show these beauties off the best.

The sun soon goes and a breeze gets up.

The breeze shows off some of the beautiful orange plumage and rain comes in  so it`s time to leave but as you might have guessed I`ll soon be back!

All pictures taken with V3,70-300 cx.

Nikon 1 V3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow