Just got the RP - surprised how good it is

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
George Zip Senior Member • Posts: 1,432
Just got the RP - surprised how good it is

Decided I needed one more camera.

I have 2x 5d4s. One went down and I was stressing I did not have a backup while it was in repair. I heard a lot of good things about it and I thought it would be a good way of dipping my toe in the mirrorless water.

I am really really surprised how comfortable it is for such a little camera. I have gorilla hands and prefer a big camera.... just because it is more comfortable. However this little camera is remarkably ergonomic. It is like the weight offsets the lack of size.

The IQ seems fine to me. I do not push photos much. I shoot in a fairly contrasty style so DR is not that big a deal to me. In the studio, I am hard pressed to see a difference that matters between the 5d4 and the RP.

I am liking the EVF. It’s bit weird at first, but shooting in natural light it really is a winner. It’s funny I have a Fuji X100F... and I really do not like the EVF in that but I like the EVF in the RP

I just need to figure out how best to use eye af. I am so used to moving around the focus point that I am having trouble trusting eye AF. Silly I know.

Speaking of moving focus points.... using the screen to move it around is the best thing since sliced bread. So much faster and it just worked for me out of the gate.

Just need to get some R glass now.

https://www.richardgrenfell.com.au

George Zip's gear list:George Zip's gear list
Fujifilm X100F Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EF 35mm F1.4L USM Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM Canon EF 85mm F1.8 USM +7 more
Fujifilm X100F
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow