What's your favourite M43 lens?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Luke Forrest Contributing Member • Posts: 624
What's your favourite M43 lens?

There are many fantastic lenses and it might be difficult to pick one lens, but if you had to, what would you pick, and why?

For me it's the 20mm 1.7. It's one of the original lenses that was kind of a revolution when released way back when with the GF1. It had no equal at the time, in terms of IQ and size. Even now, there aren't many pancake lenses as good as this one. It's not perfect of course, it can be a little slower to focus in certain conditions and on certain cameras but it's strengths far outweigh it's weaknesses. It's also my favourite focal length especially when using the 4:3 aspect ratio. If I could only have one lens across any format, it would be this one.

My favourites with the 20mm 1.7. Actually these photos are my first (and only so far) prints.

Sometimes a the best lens is just the one that you feel most comfortable with. It could be the cheapest lens or the most expensive, it doesn't really matter if you enjoy using it. I once saw some amazing photos on Flickr which were all taken with the Olympus 17mm 2.8, which is regarded as one of the worst lenses within M43. I've seen equally amazing photos with the Olympus 300mm f4. There's no best lens, but maybe there's a best for you.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Fsi
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow