Few questions about OMD EM1 Mark II

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
JXthe27th New Member • Posts: 12
Few questions about OMD EM1 Mark II

Google Review says: "Camera freezing up and shutting down: I was horrified when I was taking some important holiday photos and many of the images came out completely black, followed by the camera freezing and then shutting down. Restarting the camera didn’t completely help., nor did placing a new faster memory card or a fresh battery. Apparently this is known problem with the EM1.2 and the EM5. There is a problem with the shutter mechanism. Apparently taking a series of photos with continuous shooting will unlock it. This is completely unacceptable with an expensive professional camera."

Is this true?

"In manual shooting the EVF always had the same display and did not display the correct exposure./EVF does not give a accurate representation of what the picture is like"

Could this be due to firmware updates? Or some other reasons? How do i ensure that the EVP gives me exactly the brightness of the picture?

"The problem was rare with Olympus's versions 1 firmware. Since versions 2 it has become unbearable. I can't predict when the camera will freeze nor reliably reproduce the freeze. Sometimes it freezes without doing anything more than turning the camera on and waiting a few minutes."

Has this been fixed?

What are some of the current problems? Thanks in advance

Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow