Kamlan 21mm vs Zonlai 22mm vs Meike 25mm f2 ?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
soumyajit92 Regular Member • Posts: 151
Kamlan 21mm vs Zonlai 22mm vs Meike 25mm f2 ?

Hi, I've been using the kit lens that came with my a6000 a few years ago and planning to upgrade to a few better quality lenses with a bit more creative control. Not looking at the AF lenses since i don't want to be invested in the E mount apsc system. Being a student once i can afford it, i'm pretty sure i'll be moving to something like the a7m3 + t am17-28 + 28+75 in future. So only looking at cheap but good manual focus lenses only. Also in my country there's no big market for reselling as well so "buy it now sell it later when you're upgrading" is also not an option.

Now that being said i've shortlisted a few lenses that i'd like to own, gradually. I'm pretty much dead set on samyang 12mm f2 and kamlan 50mm f1.1 mk2. Now for whatever focal length is in between i'm confused which combination to go for and which lenses are the better ones out of these.

Zonlai 22mm - cheap and mostly positive reviews.

Kamlan 21mm - new lens, not many reviews avaialble but whatever i've seen they are mostly positive including a few comments here and there that the kamlan being better than the zonlai.

Meike 25mm f2 - most expensive of the lot, also bigger and heavier. Not sure about the picture quality being better than the previous two(sony alpha blog claims so). Only interested in this because 25mm works very well with another 50mm (IMO). Otherwise i need to get something like 28mm between 21 and 50.

TLDR:

1. Zonlai/Kamlan 21mm f1.8 + Kamlan 28mm f1,4+ kamlan 50mm f1.1 mk2 = 516 dollars (approx)

2. Meike 25mm f2 + Kamlan 50mm f1.1 mk2 = 436 dollars (approx)

3. Wait for the upcoming viltrox AF trio. Dont know if they are getting released at all, kinda tired of waiting.

Please help me choose the better kit in terms of PQ (i do pixelpeep moderately, i am weak)

PS: One single sigma 56mm will cost me around 420 dollars in my country. Thank you.

soumyajit92's gear list:soumyajit92's gear list
Sony a6000 Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS
Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow