Does the new R5 change your roadmap?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
chiti106 New Member • Posts: 5
Re: My roadmap?

I would +1 Alastair in terms that I also don't have a roadmap as such. I also don't know if I'm in the majority but I'm probably in a group that manufacturer's don't like as in I don't upgrade often.

I'm also only into photography as a hobby. Something else earns me income and I could afford anything I wish to buy. However I've always been in the mindset of 'making the most of the tools you have' so until recently I just used a 600d but had better lenses with the sigma 18-35, canon 70-300L and 50 1.8.

I only recently 'upgraded' to a m6ii with various extra efm lenses but still the ability to use my old ef lenses for low light zoom and telephoto. The main reason is for weight and portability with still excellent IQ output for my needs. I can carry all the primes in one little bag that weighs little. Previously I would carry my previous setup in a backpack and consequently see much less use.

So, I am unlikely to ever get a full frame and lenses as they'll always be bigger and heavier and I don't need the potential extra IQ.

My 2 cents worth.

chiti106's gear list:chiti106's gear list
Canon EOS 600D Canon EOS M6 II Canon EF 50mm F1.8 II Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow