I just found Photo Mate App for traveling workflow

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
md lucero Regular Member • Posts: 226
I just found Photo Mate App for traveling workflow

I just found an Android based RAW photo editor in the Play Store that is full featured. It is called Photo Mate. Better than it's ability to edit RAW photos (and allows export of these images into jpg, tiff, etc. for instant sharing) is it's ability to cull, rate, and add keywords to the images while storing the data in a xmp sidecar file that is usable on desktop editors such as Lightroom and ON1 Photo Raw.

https://www.photo-mate.com/

This means that I can travel with just my tablet, read files from either an external ssd (or the original camera sd card), cull and rank photos while out in the field. When I get back from a trip I can open these files and see them in LR or Photo Raw complete with star or color ratings and keywords!

This is an awesome discovery to me, being able to get a good start on the "keepers" of a day's shooting. I don't really see myself getting into serious editing on a tablet, but culling, viewing at 100%, and marking up the images will be great. I have tested this workflow using my Samsung Tab A 2019 tablet with files saved on a SanDisk SSD drive connected to it. When done rating, I connected the SSD drive to my desktop PC and can see the star and color ratings when opening in Photo Raw 2020.

I should also mention that I use a RavPower File Hub to transfer and backup my camera cards to the SSD drive....no more laptop necessary just to backup or sort images while on the road.

Does anybody else have experience with this Photo Mate app before I get to excited about this?

Michael

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow