Does the new R5 change your roadmap?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
MAC Forum Pro • Posts: 14,912
Re: My roadmap?

Alastair Norcross wrote:

I don't have a roadmap (I use Apple maps, or sometimes Google maps, on my iPhone, if I need to know how to get somewhere). I don't spend my time agonizing over what cameras and/or lenses I might buy at some point in the future (in the future, we'll all be dead). I prefer to use what I have. I also don't consider cameras or lenses to be "investments". I'm not a professional photographer. I get paid for other things. My cameras and lenses are tools that I use in my hobby. They're basically toys I enjoy playing with. If Canon releases cameras and/or lenses that I want to buy and can afford, I'll buy and use them. Same for lens manufacturers making lenses for my cameras. If Canon stops making stuff, and what I have stops working, I'll look to other manufacturers. That probably won't happen in my lifetime, so I don't worry about it. I've been using Canon since I was a teenager, back in medieval times, and have seen enough of other manufacturers to know that their equipment is no better in any ways that I would notice, so there is no point in switching.

I seem to be in a very small minority on these forums in my attitude to photography, and photography gear. Or perhaps not. Perhaps there really aren't that many who spend more time wondering what they will buy in a few years time than using what they have now. It's just that those with this attitude post a lot. Either way, it's interesting to see what people say, if only because it reminds me of how different we can be from each other.

but... there is so much confusion and complexity with all these mounts and adapters and what works well with what...

I leaped into the RF world with the RP as the gateway

they've figured out RF optics - it is not just good, it is outstanding

lots of future benefits to think about where one is going or wants to go and end up down the road versus being transactional and experiencing heavy depreciation and non-use

MAC's gear list:MAC's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS Rebel SL1 Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EOS Rebel T7i Canon EOS RP +12 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow