Disappointed with increased weight of XT4

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
third son
third son Senior Member • Posts: 2,609
Re: Disappointed with increased weight of XT4

Meetmer wrote:

third son wrote:

I have an X-T2 and the Z6. The Nikon lenses are large compared with similar focal length in Fuji.

Folks complain about lack of IBIS and then Fuji delivers. Folks complain that there is a weight gain. There is no free lunch.

I would think that after all the angst that goes into researching and investing money in a system a person would figure out how physics works.

I love both systems....

Oh, BTW...Sony is a clunky system....there, I said it.

The engineers at Fuji should be able to design an APS-C camera with IBIS that is smaller and lighter than the FF mirrorless cameras. That is the only way they will be competitive, unless the Fuji is substantially cheaper. That’s how a free marketplace works, people see what they get at various price points and then choose what to buy. The XT4 likely will not be that cheap. If it’s too big such that people can’t see the benefit over FF, they will buy the FF. Free market economy.

If you say so. Do you have an engineering degree or studied optics in university? How about economics or sociology? You seem to have packed all of those analyses in your statements. I heard the X-T4 will be around $2K. Is that cheap? The word cheap denotes poor quality. Will there be gnashing of teeth when that gets announced? Man I hope not. I, myself look forward to the big reveal. I will be all over that. I am the kind of customer Fujifilm is targeting. Bring it on.

third son's gear list:third son's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-T20 Nikon Z6 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +15 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow