It's the A7iii + Tamron 2875 f2.8 that Canon (still) has to compete in 2020

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
AngelusHD Regular Member • Posts: 195
Re: It's the A7iii + Tamron 2875 f2.8 that Canon (still) has to compete in 2020

Yup i agree with that.

I had a whole other journey but came to the same conclusion.

Now i like to watch camera stuff , just watching online video's about differed opinions and getting to a shop to figure out if it's really that good or bad, and the fun part is i really like the Canon EOS R which i did not had for a very long time on other camera brands.

I personele get very exited that Canon is coming/hyping to the level Sony is in mirrorless land, the EOS R with the firmware get better and better and the lenses, my god the lenses they are already great!

Now i do think the crop of 4k on the Canon cripples it, but the reason i switched to Full Frame is the reason that the Sony with the Tamron lenses is such an awesome combo.

I really hope Canon will deliver with there EOS R5 and add another rival to the upcoming A7IV, it would help us all get better and newer function. But still the lenses of the Canon will be very expensive, which brings us back to the combo(Body and Lens) we want to use.

i've been a Sony shooter from the beginning of mirrorless which makes the existing menu system kinda awesome? weird huh?, i know.... but i'm going to check if the Canon is really that much better in use because of his menu system.

That being said, i'm not planning to switch at all, love my current daily easy to grab tiny full frame setup, which is not going to change, but i'm looking forward when i finally get my hands on the Sony 100-400, which of course would not be in my daily bag.

AngelusHD's gear list:AngelusHD's gear list
Sony a7 III Sony a6400 Tamron 28-75mm F2.8 III Tamron 17-28mm F2.8 Di III RXD Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS +2 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow