X100V or Xpro3 for Strret Photography

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
Zaax
Zaax Senior Member • Posts: 1,308
Re: The X100 series are great for travel Re: X100V or Xpro3 for Strret Photography

ARB1 wrote:

Zaax wrote:

Last year I took just my X100F and a small tripod on a 2 week vacation. It was great not to have to think about gear at all and just shoot.

Here are some shots from my trip.

Very nice shots, and your thought about not having to think about gear and just shoot is why I decided to finally jump on board the X100V bandwagon.

I've traveled around the world with my Nikon D800 gear and most recently with my Sony a7RII gear and after turning 60 last year I finally said 'enough already'. I retired in December and I am so looking forward to being able to travel, grab my X100V and go, no thoughts about which lenses to take, which bag to take, do I need a large tripod etc etc.

I'll be able to make do with the 23mm f2, and perhaps the wide-angle adapter and a small gorilla pod, but that's it. We hiked Torres del Paine in Chile last year and I had a backpack with about 15+lbs of gear, it was an 8-hour hike, never again I said to myself, never again.

I had the original X100 and also owned both converter lenses. Both lenses make the camera front heavy. The TCL-X100 is HUGE and very heavy. After a while I sold both lenses as did not use them very much. Sold the X100 and a bunch of other stuff last year and then bought a X100F. I have no plans to ever get the converters again. I am done with carrying around a lot of stuff. My wife is happier too as I can shoot faster now due to only having one focal length.

One thing that I find happens with having "only" one focal length is that one becomes more creative. Weirdly restrictions made me a better photographer.

-- hide signature --
 Zaax's gear list:Zaax's gear list
Sony RX100 Fujifilm X100F Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +15 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow