Does the new R5 change your roadmap?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
mvrbnsn Regular Member • Posts: 118
Re: What about hobby photographers?

I agree. As the old saying goes, "different horses for different courses". The small form factor, lightweight M series with APS-C and extended reach is appealing for hobby and enthusiast level photographers.

Heck, many pro photogs carry lighter weight, smaller cameras for their everyday or non-pro use, just for those reasons.

I realize that there tends to be that envy of the full-frame cameras. But they are not an all encompassing solution. Once one gets into FF there are always even higher end FF cameras to be had. So it becomes this never ending chase for better, instead of improving one's photography, perhaps artistically with whatever one has.

During the super sales at Christmas I bought an R my first full frame camera for that extra low light capability. Really like it thus far, but still my favorite camera in terms of just fun to take and shoot with is my original EOS M (first generation). It's just plain fun and for 90% of my photos still does wonderfully.

mvrbnsn's gear list:mvrbnsn's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Canon EOS M Canon EF 50mm F1.8 II Canon EF-M 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow