Bag & Inexpensive Wider Option for E-M10 II Traveling, Also Thoughts on Lumix 12-32

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
larrytusaz Senior Member • Posts: 2,648
Bag & Inexpensive Wider Option for E-M10 II Traveling, Also Thoughts on Lumix 12-32

I have an Olympus E-M10 II with the Lumix 12-32 (and Olympus 45mm 1.8 and 40-150R). I have a trip coming up where I'll be hiking in a canyon so I'm thinking of my landscape setup.

It seems the Lumix 12-32 is pretty well regarded as kit lenses go, is that the consensus?(I've had good experience with it myself, certainly better than using the Sony 16-50 on an A6000 series.) If shooting at f/5.6-8 during daytime is what I'll do mostly, and it probably is, is there a point to something like the new Olympus 12-45 f/2.8 PRO (or the prior 12-40 f/2.8 PRO which seems highly regarded)?

Besides that, and in fact this is really the main question, I'd also like a wider option. I think the obvious choices are the Olympus 9-18 or Panasonic 7-14, but is there a cheap manual focus option that would do well also? I have seen the Rokinon 12mm at times but I already have 12mm covered, I'm thinking something in the 8mm-9mm range.

Lastly, I have a Lowepro "holster" case that works perfectly for carrying an E-M10 II with Lumix 12-32 on my hip via a belt or funny pack, but it can't hold a spare battery or filter etc as there are no pockets. Is there a particular "holster" case that's good that some of you use for an E-M10 II kit but also with a pocket or two for a CPL filter or battery etc?

Lastly, I do also have a NIkon D3300 kit which has the 24mp APS-C sensor, am I crazy for not using it instead? It does have that sensor, but I really enjoy the E-M10 II so much more.

larrytusaz's gear list:larrytusaz's gear list
Sony RX100 III Nikon D3300 Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm F1.8G +3 more
Nikon D3300 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow