Canon M100 and a Sony A7III which has better detail?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Audreys New Member • Posts: 2
Canon M100 and a Sony A7III which has better detail?

Obviously the Sony is better but my wife does not think it is better enough to justify the high price. In some ways i agree.

For example using a picture of my dog, i can only see a difference when you zoom in on a picture there is way more detail with the Sony you can see ever hair, eye reflection and the eyes have such detail in them but when looked at normally you don't notice it.

This is in a well light room, i know the sony would crush the canon in low light, sports etc.

I paid $800 for the M100 and a EF-M 22mm f2 lens

I paid $3,200 for the A7III with 24-105mm G Lens

They are less now but i bought them when they first came out.

My wife thinks if i where to buy the new 32MP Canon M6 II paired with the EF-M 22 f2 lens you would see more detail when you zoomed in on a picture since it has more MP where the Sony only has 24 MP.

All of this came about because i want to buy a prime lens for the sony and for the price my wife says i could buy 2 or 3 M6 II.

I can only guess how much detail a picture would  have using a Sony prime mounted to the A7III,

Canon EOS M100 Canon EOS M6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow