Does the new R5 change your roadmap?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
rz64 Regular Member • Posts: 168
Re: Nope but a RM would

Photato wrote:

justmeMN wrote:

Photato wrote: Canon doesn't care anymore (Sigma: you can eat from my soon to be expired mount)

Why would Canon expire the mount of their best selling mirrorless camera?

The worst case is that M gets Rebelzoned.

I think the logical path would be to deprecate the M series (no more new body or lenses)
Canon needs an affordable gateway for new users to upgrade to FF if they needed and One mount simplifies that.
If they made that hard desicion I hope they implement a trade-in program for M owners.
They of course can choose to leave crop exclusively for the M series and the RF be FF only, but if that is the plan you would hear making official statements about supporting the M series.
Let me know when Canon release an EF-M Standard Zoom f2.8 15-45mm OIS lens, and that alone would show serious commitment.

Until then, I won't commit to this system other than using what I have.

What you are saying sounds comprehensible to a certain extent. But what about the confidence of the customers on the long run? Is it of no importance?

rz64's gear list:rz64's gear list
Canon EOS M6 Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM Canon EF-M 55-200mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM Canon EF-M 15-45mm F3.5-6.3 IS STM Canon EF-M 32mm F1.4
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow