The small capable m43rds camera....

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Raist3d Forum Pro • Posts: 40,641
The small capable m43rds camera....

This is a post defending the GM5/EPL9/10 concepts.  I think we need a camera better specced in these areas that should be current.

Looks like the EPL line, which Olympus seems to be continuing, may eventually get the 20 MP sensor finally... in like 2-3 more years? It's been long overdue but I have grown fond of the tilt LCD of the EPl9, the size, the fact it has some IBIS at that size.

Panasonic would be awesome if they did the mythical GM9, but that's still falling on deaf ears.

But picture it- an EPL11 with Turbo Pic IX.  I say take out C-AF completely - not worth it without PDAF and I am ok with not having PDAF at this tier actually- just make sure face detect and the focus in low light is solid.

Sign me up for that, take the AA filter off.  It can be the same body. If you could put better IBIS due to the new EM5.3 IBIS smaller mechanism, put it in.  But really, I think an EPL11 that is faster than EPL9, good solid S-AF in all light conditions, no AA, 20 MP filter would do it for me.

I am starting to find myself in some moments having more fun and "flow" with the EPL9 than the EM5.3. I think this is because of the TILT LCD and the size.

-- hide signature --

Raist3d/Ricardo (Photographer, software dev.)- I photograph black cats in coal mines at night...
“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.” - George Orwell

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow