Nikon D810 live view histogram and exposure compensation not working properly

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Abedin New Member • Posts: 2
Nikon D810 live view histogram and exposure compensation not working properly

Hello all,

This is my first question in this forum!

Recently, I've noticed that my live histogram in my Nikon D810 does not perform as I thought it should. Here is the specific example:

I tested this in my room where I have only two lights and the room was still well lit. My camera was set to Aperture priority mode and stopped to f9 with iso 64. The first image below is with 0.0 EV e.g, what the camera thinks the exposure should be. The for the sake of "Exposing to the right" I started cranking my exposure compensation value with intent of the histogram almost clipping the highlights. However, as you can see in the second image the histogram stopped shifting to the right at EV +1.7. No matter how far I push the exposure compensation, the histogram would NOT move any further. However, with that being said, if I keep pushing the exposure compensation (say beyond EV+1.7 in this case) the shutter speed does change (as expected). Then after I take a picture the actual image is over exposed despite the live view histogram suggests otherwise (arbitrarily stopped at +1.7 EV). Any ideas as why this is happening or have you noticed that yourselves? I would imagine that the histogram should continue moving to the right while I crank the exposure compensation until it reaches + 3 EV or before the shutter speed hits 30'' which is the maximum in aperture priority.
I've been digging through the User's Manual with no explanation as to why this might be happening! Any help will be very much appreciated!

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow