Outer focus points Backfocus when using nikon’s d850+ 24-70 vr

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Dmitrii_Kem Junior Member • Posts: 25
Outer focus points Backfocus when using nikon’s d850+ 24-70 vr

Hi all! I have recently bought a new 24-70 VR and noticed that d850 always backfocuses with it when using two left and right rows of focus points in AFS mode.

Both the camera and the lens have been sent for adjustment  by NPS twice with this problem mentioned and both times I was told That everything  is OK.

I then tested several other bodies and lenses  in shops and they have similar behaviour. I am running a test using a tripod, iso 100, shutter speed above 500 and high-contrast targets und always have the same result, real-life shootings prove the same.  Outer focus points are ok with all other types of lenses and I checked my 24-70 -  it is not misaligned.

The question is- has anyone noticed similar behavior or might be interested to test a similar body+ lens system? is it normal for 24-70 VR?

PS I do not need advice on trying af-fine tune, using focus-recompose technique etc. as well as any suggestions that it is a user error ( I am 200% sure it is not).

Thanks everyone!

Nikon D850
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow