Disappointed with increased weight of XT4

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Marcos Villaroman Veteran Member • Posts: 6,091
Re: Disappointed with increased weight of XT4

Meetmer wrote:

Marcos Villaroman wrote:

Meetmer wrote:

The rumor is that the XT4 will gain 6 oz, or 170 grams compared to the XT3. That puts the anticipated weight of the XT4 at 660 gym no battery, or 709 grams with battery. For comparison , a Nikon Z6 is 585 grams body only. The Sony A74 with battery is 665 grams and that camera blows the Fuji out of the water. Does anyone see the travesty here? The XT4 is going to outweigh the full frame cameras. Thoughts and comments ?

Doug

Way too soon to call this a "travesty" as all we got to go on is rumors right now.

If the rumors are correct that the X-T4 has IBIS, I wonder how much of the extra weight and extra thickness are due to Fujifilm's IBIS design and how well will this 2nd generation IBIS work.

I honestly can live with six extra oz. of weight if I got an awesome iBIS implementation. I also wonder if the extra weight could be due to other factors, such as a heavier battery with more capacity and the rumored flippy screen.

Well what you say is true about rumors, we just have to wait. I was out hiking and I saw a guy carrying a Sony FF. Can’t remember which lens he had. But I looked at his setup and thought , “ wow, looks only a little bit larger than mine”. That’s when it hit me about what the FF competition actually looks like. His setup was only slightly bigger, but was FULL FRAME. Honestly, if I owned no Fuji equipment right now I would most like buy a FF. I’m hoping and praying the XT4 is compelling enough to want me to buy one so I can keep using my glass that I’ve acquired.

Add the weight of the FF lenses with AF to the kit and go from there.  Not bad if it is just one lens and one body.  When I added in the weight and price of Sony glass to a Sony FF kit; I backed off.  If I was more into landscapes and wanted greater dynamic range, I would strongly re-consider Sony.

What I am very curious about is how light Fujifilm can make its IBIS tech.  Fujifilm went from can't do it due to size/weight to they did it in a larger/heavier body in the X-H1 to now an X-T4 that might weigh in the same range as the X-H1.  If Fujifilm can't get its IBIS tech smaller/lighter, we might see only the X-Hx and X-Tx get IBIS and the X-Ex and X-Txx series not get IBIS.  That would serve to make a bigger separation between the various Fujifilm models.

Aside from IBIS, I'm very curious to see what new features the X-T4 is going to have.  Will the X-T4 have the next generation X-Trans sensor or will it do what the X-H1 did: same sensor tech; but, physical enhancements.

Marcos Villaroman's gear list:Marcos Villaroman's gear list
Sony RX100 IV Canon EOS 5D Mark III Fujifilm X-H1 Canon EF 24-70mm F2.8L II USM Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R +61 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow