Trying to decide between Sigma 14-24 and Tam 15-30 g2 adapted

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Mcass Junior Member • Posts: 41
Trying to decide between Sigma 14-24 and Tam 15-30 g2 adapted

I am thinking about getting rid of two primes 14mm and 24mm and getting a zoom that covers that same range. I just send too much time swapping lenses and do not want to carry a second body.

I've narrowed it down to the Sigma 14-24mm or an adapted Tamron 15-30mm G2, both are 2.8. I ruled out the 16-35 sony, 2.8 is too expensive and f4 not fast enough. I also want to be wider than the Tamron 17-28mm. From what I have read, both are nice pieces of glass, with the Sigma slightly edging out the Tamron for corner sharpness when wide open.

I have never adapted a lens before so I am a little hesitant to go with the Tamron, but the extra range of the 15-30mm sounds useful, but not mandatory. When adapting a lens how does that affect both the focal length (I really want to stay as wide as possible) and focus performance (for photos not vid)?

Please add any general comments about the two lenses too.

thank you in advance.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2 Tamron 15-30mm F2.8
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow