Re: One all purpose zoom for travel in Spain.

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Len_Gee Veteran Member • Posts: 9,807
Re: One all purpose zoom for travel in Spain.

Greetings,

First time traveling to Spain soon. Barcelona, Seville, Alicante , and Malaga. Usual tourist sights. Want to take general photos including street scenes and of details like arcetecure. churches, Gaudi buildings, etc.

Can you recommend an all-in-one travel zoom that will work on both Panny and Oly M43 Panny GX7 and Oly Pen F? Prefer small and light lens. Not interested in carrying heavy Pro quality zoom. I will be walking a lot and taking bus tours.

I was looking at this lens (within my budget):

• Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-140mm Telephoto Zoom Lens with F3.5-5.6 II ASPH, Mirrorless Micro Four Thirds Mount and Power O.I.S. - H-FSA14140 (Upgraded USA Black)
  • Olympus 14-140 (?)

I have only Panny 20 mm f/1.7 and Oly 45 mm f1.8 lenses. Can you suggest an all-in- one zoom of comparable image quality I can keep on camera during daytime for walk around? The Panny or Olympus?

• I do not want to switch lenses during daytime due to pickpockets in Barcelona.. I plan to switch to using smaller and lighter 20 mm f/1.7 in evening for taking photos at night and inside cafes.

And safety in Barcelona. I will be staying at a hotel in Las Ramblas tourist area.

Thank you for recommendations.

Len_Gee's gear list:Len_Gee's gear list
Olympus PEN-F Samyang 7.5mm F3.5 Fisheye Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm F1.8 Apple iPhone 6 Plus +3 more
Olympus PEN-F Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow