Does the new R5 change your roadmap?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
MAC Forum Pro • Posts: 14,912
Re: Forget the R5, look at the 24-105mm f/4.0-7.1

sosh wrote:

Microprism wrote:

MAC wrote:

I said most people wouldn't consider an RP with 24-105l to be a light setup. Had nothing to do with smartphones, or comparing the 22mm to your setup.

for what it is - a 1 LBS FF for $850 and the best ever 1.5 Lbs 24-105 L for $899 with 5 stop IS, nano focus, and a control ring for EC - most photographers wouldn't consider this great all arounder huge in price nor huge in size nor huge in weight

Most photographers or most camera buyers? A lot of camera buyers want M50 size cameras.

Well, it depends on use cases. RP + some 28/35 is about the same size. Having M6 and 22 I understand the versatility of smallest) setup, however I'll don't mind to take RP and old good FD 28/2.8 any time, not much bigger. Just my POV.

RP is small, even with my 24 mm IS or 50 mm

Another case for me - I have damn great FD 100-300 5.6L ideally suited for slow tele tasks. It works very well with M6 and will do the same with any R, in this case weight is no question at all. Again, use case for me.

the noise is less on RP which is important for these slow lenses

yes - to each their own on use cases

MAC's gear list:MAC's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS Rebel SL1 Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EOS Rebel T7i Canon EOS RP +12 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow