EM1 MKiii - Buying a new camera / upgrading / not

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Forgottenbutnotgone Senior Member • Posts: 1,449
Re: EM1 MKiii - Buying a new camera / upgrading / not

DLBlack wrote:

The E-M1X is a noticeably better camera than the E-M1.2, so the E-M1X got used more.

First of all, I don't take stock in the notion that it's not the camera, it's the photographer. I feel it is definitely both for many, and for some it may mostly be the camera.

Everyone is not destined to be an Ansel Adams. For such people, anything the camera does to help them get the shots they will be satisfied with will be the reason they buy what they buy.

That said, can you please elaborate on your own skill level, and what, for you, makes the E-M1X a "noticeably better" camera, to the extent that you would opt for the heavier body instead?

And if there for you is such a distinction, would you mind explaining which attributes you feel embetter your photography and which features don't necessarily do so but still make you prefer the E-M1X the body more?

Even when I would rather have a smaller camera like the E-M1.2. The new E-M1.3 looks to be a more refined E-M1.2 with most of the performance of E-M1X.

Is size ever a factor enough that you would consider the latest EM5?

Robert

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Arn
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow