Disappointed with increased weight of XT4

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Meetmer
OP Meetmer Contributing Member • Posts: 763
Re: Disappointed with increased weight of XT4

Batdude wrote:

Meetmer wrote:

Exactly. They should have held the line and kept the XT4 the same size as the XT3 but made it better. Then it would be something to marvel at. Once the camera size increase, it’s no longer a marvel. Who is really impressed with the OLY OMD latest camera? I’m not because it’s not that small and at the end of the day it’s still a MFT for two grand. That’s what the XT4 is going to be, a great camera for $1600 but not smaller than a full frame that could be had for just a bit more money.

Of course, that is 100% true.

We live in very exciting times and the camera industry is in a transition with the DSLR jump to ML. After Canon releases it's 5DMKIV replacement in the ML version DSLR prices will continue to drop. Nikon will follow and then Sony and the trend will continue and after that bye bye DSLR and prices will drop to the floor. They already have. All this is good for us because Fuji will also continue to make fantastic exciting products. They are being forced to and they have been doing it and I'm glad they are.

So yes, there are lots of options and anybody is free to make the choice to might as well get a FF if they want to. Nothing wrong with that I shoot with both.

But then again you can get a XT3, I know it has really good AF so what's stopping you from getting that smaller version? Like I said, Fuji already has and will continue making lots of smaller cameras so what's the problem?

The only camera that Fuji is missing is a serious more Pro body, yes, with a beefier battery for certain type of photographers and videographers. If Fuji wants more DSLR users and stuff to move into Fuji then the bigger battery/camera was going to happen eventually, it was inevitable, and Fuji is doing it. You can't expect Nikon D series or D500 shooters or Canon's people that use those bodies to let them go for a camera that uses 126S batteries for serious work. No way Jose.

These cameras are NOT too big nor too heavy, they are just for specific photographers. If I want to go even lighter that's where I take my X10, as long as I don't forget the darn SD card hahahaha!

The XT-3 is not that much better than my XT-2 to warrant me to purchase it. It doesn’t have IBIS, which I would actually upgrade for. Sure the autofocus is faster on the XT3 but not good enough for me to purchase a whole new camera. The XT-3 is already heavier than the XT2, so that’s why I would have wanted the XT4 to hold the line on size compared with the XT3 but add IBIS plus a 30 MP sensor. That would be great.  The fact that the XT4 will be even yet bigger is just not acceptable to me., not with several FFs of similar size available. Fuji thinks they can keep competitive but they cannot if they keep making the cameras bigger such that they have no size advantage to the full frames. Same like APSC versus MF3, who is going to buy Olympus top of line OmD when you can buy a larger sensor format for less money and similar size (Fuji).  Fuji will soon become extinct if they don’t rethink their strategy.

Meetmer's gear list:Meetmer's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow