Paul12 wrote:

SONY

Vario-Tessar® T* FE 24-70 mm F4 ZA OSS

426 gram

FUJI

Fujifilm Fujinon XF 16-55mm f/2.8 R LM WR

655 gram

Rather pointless point..

FE 24-70 f2,8  weights  886g - and there is a long list of various lenses for APS C and FF. Just check, compare  and meditate. More or less.

Usually APS C sensor camera  means that you have to carry less weight and invest really smaller sums of money in lenses. A pro who earns enough money invests of course in lenses he/she needs. And has a big bag... and hopefully enough money.

Some professionals are good - and they make their living with APS C cameras quite easily. It is the skills that make a pro.

Weight /less weight) of the camera body has real significance ONLY if you use really lightweight lenses.  With "pro" lenses and wildlife gear it is important to have some real balance . I would not use my tiny X-E3  (337g with battery)  with a lens like 100-400. X-H1 would be much better - to use for taking pictures with a heavy big lens and then the 200-300g more weight  has no negative  significance.

We can buy  or not to buy whatever we like and be disappointed if we want to.

Personally I do not care if X-T4 weights more or less. Very likely I will be using my H1, E3. and 5DMkIV also in 2022... and 23

-- hide signature --

Kari
I started SLR film photography in 1968, first DSLR was Canon 40D in 2007. Now Fujifilm X-E3 and X-H1 for nature, walking around ,traveling/landscapes - fantastic 5DMkIV for landscapes, macro , BIF ... .

KariP's gear list:KariP's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Fujifilm X-E3 Fujifilm X-H1 Canon EF 50mm F1.4 USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM +11 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow