Fuji X100V or Fuji XPro 2 + 23mm F2 lens

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
Marcos Villaroman Veteran Member • Posts: 6,090
Re: Fuji X100V or Fuji XPro 2 + 23mm F2 lens

Threaded wrote:

Marcos Villaroman wrote:

Was curious: what are your favorite lenses to use with your X-Pro2? Do you use the optical viewfinder a lot?

I have the 35 f1.4 and 18 f2 and enjoy them both - the 35 is slow (on any body) but the IQ is stellar and it’s perfectly matched to the XP2. I also had the 23 f2 in the past and intend to get another for the combination of fast focussing and weather resistance.

I do use the OVF most of the time, the EVF and rear screen too, I love having all the options and being able to go “analogue” and see reality in the frame rather than a digital image, as useful as that can also be sometimes.

I much prefer the 23mm focal length over 35mm.  However, for some reason, I really love the Fujifilm 35/1.4 and won't sell it, despite not using it as often.

I really feel more connected with what I'm seeing using the OVF, especially in very bright or dim lighting.  It makes for an interesting shooting experience when part of the view can be blocked by the barrel of larger/longer lenses.

Marcos Villaroman's gear list:Marcos Villaroman's gear list
Sony RX100 IV Canon EOS 5D Mark III Fujifilm X-H1 Canon EF 24-70mm F2.8L II USM Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R +60 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow