EM1 MKiii - Buying a new camera / upgrading / not

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ahaslett
ahaslett Veteran Member • Posts: 5,897
Re: EM1 MKiii - Buying a new camera / upgrading / not

This hobbyist looks at buying gear much the same way - is this purchase going to add enough to my shooting envelope or the ease of capturing images to be worth it?  Weight is a serious issue for me, and frequently the acceptability of lots of camera gear in social and business settings.  I don't do video, except with my phone.

For me it was time to buy the EM1.2 (in November 2019), when the cost/benefit ratio reached my target.  Now I have the EM1.3 as a good reason to stay with MFT lenses, which might get better with FW upgrades.

I have a Sony A7R2 for landscape expeditions but that tells me that high quality FF lenses tend to be large, expensive and faster than I need.  I realise there is no point complaining that Olympus haven't produced a landscape camera - it would make no business sense.  The A7R4 is always there, if I want to switch to a single system at some point.

Andrew

-- hide signature --

Infinite are the arguments of mages. Truth is a jewel with many facets. Ursula K LeGuin

ahaslett's gear list:ahaslett's gear list
Sigma DP1 Merrill Sigma DP3 Merrill Olympus E-30 Olympus E-M1 Sony a7R +28 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Arn
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow