What's your R5 wish list?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
noggin2k1
noggin2k1 Senior Member • Posts: 2,490
What's your R5 wish list?

With the tease of information we already know, there's still quite a lot of guesswork on some final specs, so I thought it'd be interesting to see what everyone wants.

Personally;

1. MP's on the lower end of estimates. I found the 30MP's of the 5D4 to be more than I needed, so I've really got no need for the higher end MP's. I'd rather sacrifice some pixels for DR/high ISO performance.
  2. A7III levels of DR & high ISO noise. I can't see Canon pulling out miracles here, so I'll simply be happy if Canon can match the A7III's performance in this area, which I perceive to be excellent.
  3. 1/100s or faster sensor readout. Basically, I want the silent shutter to be usable in real world environments. The A7 series silent shutter isn't quite fast enough, whilst the A9 series is overkill for my personal use. It's a feature I love, and I'd be happy to take a hit over the A9's 1/160s, which would still be suitable for my needs (weddings).
  4. AF tracking & speed. It's an area I haven't been impressed with on the R/RP, but I'm expecting this is the body that Canon really show their hand on mirrorless AF capabilities.
  5. Pricing. The realist in me looks at the released spec, and can't help but think it all looks very close to the 1DX3. I'd love to think Canon use this body as an opportunity to be aggressive in capturing their FF mirrorless market share, but I'm preparing myself for pricing to be a kick in the balls.

It'll be interesting to see other peoples wish lists. Should mine not materialise, I'll take some comfort in expecting the A9II's to drop in price!

noggin2k1's gear list:noggin2k1's gear list
Sony a9 Sony a7 III Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Tamron SP 35mm F1.8 Di VC USD Sony FE 85mm F1.4 GM +8 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow