Disappointed with increased weight of XT4

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
jhorse Veteran Member • Posts: 3,570
Re: Disappointed with increased weight of XT4

nostatic wrote:

Ok, but do the equivalent lenses weigh more or less with the Nikon or Sony systems? Or cost more or less? Fwiw I moved to Fuji from Sony mostly for the user interface - I prefer the dedicated dials and the X-T3 is a great hybrid camera. I actually find the body too small, and need to use the passive grip to have comfort shooting with it. I almost didn't buy one because of the small body but the grip made a huge difference. Any loss going to APS-C from full frame was offset by increased enjoyment of actual use. Bonus that there are great lens choices with Fuji.

It's a system, and at some point a human interacts with the system. That relationship is part of the equation, at least for me. Ymmv.

I agree with this. I too wanted a smaller kit than I had when I was with Nikon. It is not solely the body one has to assess, but in my opinion the combined body and lens as well as any additional lenses one tends to bring along (for me travel, hiking, landscapes, sports and general use). Additionally, IQ, colour science, lenses and ergonomics should affect one's decision on the choice of system.

I actually have a passive grip (Meike) on the XT3 and the handling is improved. This adds 103g to 539g giving 642g.  If the size and grip of the XT4, which I would like, are similar to the XT3 plus grip (so that I do not have to add a grip), then that is an acceptable trade off for IBIS and a better battery capacity in my view. It would leave my combined normal use rig (with the 16-55) about the same size and weight.

-- hide signature --
 jhorse's gear list:jhorse's gear list
Fujifilm X-E3 Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow